Thursday, June 14, 2012

BzzAgent: Filippo Berio






Get ready to have your taste bud dancing with Filippo Berio, a healthy, delicious and easy addition to your everyday meals.  Recently, I had the opportunity to try out Filippo Berio, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and I have to admit, it really enhanced my stir fry and salads! There's so many ways you can use Virgin Olive Oil, you can visit Filippo Berio's Inspirations section or their recipes section, to discover many different healthy great tasting ways to use Filippo Berio Olive Oil in your meals!


I was very excited to learn that Filippo Berio is a healthier alternative to cooking with vegetable oil, margarine or butter! I invited my family over for my home made Chicken fajitas, which require a stir fry for the ingredient, normally I used regular vegetable oil, which made them super greasy, but this time I switched it up and had awesome results! My sister first noticed that my fajitas weren't as greasy as they normally are, then she noticed the flavor was fantastic. I laughed and showed her the bottle of Filippo Berio, and said this little bottle made those dramatic changes, she still couldn't believe the taste! Then I broke her the greatest news of all, that it was healthy, which if you tell my sister it's healthy, she won't eat it...picky picky eater!!

Over all, we all loved the new taste and rich flavor, and will be using this for a lot of our foods!


Great ways to use Filippo Berio:

There's numerous uses for Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and continue to grow daily as people continue to learn more about its health benefits and versatility. Check out some great ways you can use Filippo Berio in your home and make meals healthier and exciting!
 
*Salad Dressings
*Pasta Perfection
*Healthy Finish
*Marinades
*Condiments
*Instead of butter or margarine
* Flavor


    Hers an awesome Recipe from Filippo Berio:

    Blueberry-Melon Salad with Thyme Dressing

    Makes 3 Servings
    Ingredients
    Thyme Dressing
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup orange juice
    Zest and juice from 2 lemons
    4 large fresh thyme sprigs
    2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Salad
    1 cup of cantaloupe and/or honeydew melon, cubed
    1 pint blueberries
    Additional small thyme sprigs for garnish
    Directions
    1. Combine honey, orange juice, lemon zest, lemon juice, and thyme sprigs in a small saucepan. Bring ingredients to a gentle boil; simmer for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
    2. Once dressing cools, strain into a mixing bowl and whisk in olive oil.
    3. Gently toss together melon, blueberries, and 1/3 cup of thyme dressing in a serving bowl. Spoon into individual ramekins or glasses and garnish with thyme sprigs. Serve immediately, with extra thyme dressing if desired.



    To learn more visit  filippoberio.com, You can also connect with them on facebook for more great deals and promotions!!



    *Disclaimer-  I'm a BzzAgent and I received a product sample, coupon, collateral or other special premium from BzzAgent to conduct a review. This did not alter my opinions of their products, all opinions expressed are mine and one hundred percent honest and true, your opinion may differ.*

    3 comments:

    royalegacy said...

    This is one of the better olive oils on the market. Thanks for reviewing.

    Danielle

    lilyk said...

    This recipe looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

    Robin O said...

    I need some new ideas. I'll visit Filippo Berio's Inspirations section or their recipes section. Thanks for your recipe!