Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bad Kitty Book and Cd Set



As you may know, I find it very special and important to read to your child/children. I think it opens a whole new level of bonding, not to mention it's very educational as well. When you show your children that you love to read, and by reading to them, you open a whole world of love for reading. I was actually never read to that much growing up, so my love for reading wasn't the greatest, I always had trouble in school with reading and hated reading out load in front of my school mates. I don't want my children to experience the same thing as I did growing up, so when I get the chance to review children books I jump on the opportunity! Besides, what better way to use your creative imagination, by being taking away into a far new adventure! And we did with Bad Kitty, book and CD set!



Bad Kitty is a children's book about a kitten that the owners forgot to buy cat food for, but has a ABC's load of weird food!! So what does Kitty do? Kitty does ABC's of bad things!! But when Kitty's owners buy his Favorite foods containing the ABC's, kitty is happy and does ABC's of good things!! Yes, this cute children's book goes through the Alphabet 4 different times, and is really adorable!! My girls enjoyed having the book read to them by Vanessa Williams! Her voice just makes the pictures of this book come to life!!

My girls really enjoys cats, and just loved this book!! We had to read it twice because they loved it so much! (well Vanessa had to read it twice, I just turned the pages lol!) The pictures are perfect, and it's nicely written! I believe that Bad Kitty is one of my girls new favorite story books!!

Over all, this is a wonderful children's book and would make a great collection in your child's reading library!

About the Author:
Nick Bruel is the Author and illustrator of bestselling books including Bad Kitty series and Boing! He was a children's bookseller in New York City, and current resides there with his wife Carina and daughter Isabel. When he was in first grade, he loved nothing more than to write stories and make drawings to go along with them, which he still does to this day.

About the Narrator:
Vanessa Williams has conquered the musical charts, Broadway, television, and motion pictures. After earning three Emmy nominations for her role in ABC's hit series, Ugly Betty, Vanessa became the newest resident on ABC's Desperate Housewives. She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and was nominated for a Tony Award for Into the Woods. Her musical career includes multiple Grammy nominations and the Academy Award winning single form Disney's Pocahontas.


Reading Level: Ages 5 and Up
Language: English
Publisher: Macmillan Young Listeners; Book & CD Set edition

To learn more visit MacMillanaudio.com

Buy It: You can purchase Bad Kitty Book and Cd set for $9.99 on Amazon!!

*Disclaimer- I received the mention book for review purposes, this did not alter my opinion of this book. All opinions expressed are mine and one hundred percent honest and true, your opinion may differ.*

1 comment:

Sandy VanHoey said...

haha, my grandson loves his book and I was browsing through and he said. Stop...what is that? Then said "I want that Grandma book Grandma". So glad he loves books