Monday, October 8, 2012

Guest Post From Rachael Anderson

My Favorite Things

There is nothing as inspiring or thought-provoking as a good quote, and I love collecting them. To me, they are little jewels of wisdom. So instead of pretending like I have something wise to say, I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.

"Be careful about calling yourself an expert. An 'ex' is a has-been and a 'spurt' is a drip under pressure." Unknown
"You may have the faith to move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel." Unknown
"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." C.S. Lewis
"Vacant lots and vacant minds are dumping grounds for rubbish." Unknown
"A cold, self-righteous prig who goes regularly to church may be far nearer to Hell than a prostitute." C.S. Lewis
"Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, and all the times you can, to all the people you can, for as long as you ever can." John Wesley
"Bite off more than you can chew, and chew it. Plan to do more than you can do, and do it! Hitch your wagon to a star, keep your seat and there you are." A joint effort between Anonymous and Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments :

Rachael Renee Anderson said...

Thanks so much for participating in this blog tour Jenni!

Jennifer Hiles said...

I like thought inspiring quotes myself. I really like the first one: "Be careful about calling yourself an expert. An 'ex' is a has-been and a 'spurt' is a drip under pressure." So true!