Monday, October 29, 2012

Movie Monday: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial


Get ready to travel out of this world with the Classic Masterpiece, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial!! On Blu-ray Anniversary Edition for the first time ever!!



Relive the adventure and magic in one of the most beloved motion pictures of all time, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, from Academy Award winning director Steven Spielberg. Captivating audiences of all ages, this timeless story follows the unforgettable journey of a lost alien and the 10 year old boy he befriends. Join Elliot (Henry Thomas), Gertie (Drew Barrymore) and Michael (Robert Macnaughton) as they come together to help E.T. find his way back home. Now digitally remastered with enhanced picture and sound for its 30th Anniversary, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial is "One of the greatest American Films" (Leonard Maltin) that forever belongs in the hearts and minds of the audiences everywhere!


E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial:
Studio: Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Language: English
Subtitles: English, french and Spanish
Rated: PG
Run Time: 115 Minutes





*Special Features*
*Steven Spielberg & E.T. The director reflects on his experience making E.T. and the impact the beloved classic has had on his celebrated career.
*The E.T. Journals- Original on-set production footage takes you behind the scenes
*Pocket Blu App
*BD- Live
PLUS
*Deleted Scenes
*A Look Back The Evolution and Creation of E.T.
*The E.T. Revolution
*The Music of E.T.
*The 20th Anniversary Premiere Designs, Photographs and Marketing
*And LOTS more!



My Thoughts:
I remember watching this as a child, over and over. I had always adored this movie growing up, I am so excited to be able to give the same love I had for this movie, to my children. I was eagerly awaiting to sit down with my girls and enjoy this movie, as it was forever since I had last seen it. At first, my girls were scared of E.T., you know at the beginning where the little girl (Drew Barrymore) screamed, but after that, they really enjoyed the movie and insisted we get an E.T. (lol). I really loved the newly remastered movie, the picture and sound are amazing, and all the bonus materials was out of this world great too!!

Overall, this movie rockets out of this world, and is one of my all time favorites! i am sure when my girls get older, they too will love this movie like I did!

This movie would be a great stocking stuffer or gift for the upcoming holiday season, and would make a great addition to your Home Movie Entertainment Collection, or even a great family movie night!


To learn more visit www.universalstudiosentertainment.com/et-the-extra-terrestrial/, you can also connect with E.T. on Facebook!! Along with Universal Home Entertainment on

Buy It:  You can purchase E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on Blu-ray or DVD at a retailer near you or on line at

Check Out Some Great Activities Below, Perfect for some Halloween FUN!!! Just Click on the Pictures!


About Universal Studios Home Entertainment:


Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stationsgroup and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 40% stake.


*Disclaimer- I received this Blu-ray combo for review purposes, this did not alter my opinions of the DVD. All opinions expressed are mine and one hundred percent honest and true, your opinion may differ.*

2 comments :

Sandy VanHoey said...

Gosh, how I remember this and I even had a costume made for my daughter and paid a lot of money for it and it was ET and SO cute. I want my grandchildren to see this

CHELESA sims said...

I remeber this movie very clearly.My little brothers wanted to watch it over and over again when it first came out.