Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hubby's Nuts

Guest post by Gerard McDaniel

My husband is driving me CRAZY! He’s become obsessed with saving money and I mean obsessed – it’s all he ever talks about and without exaggerating at all I’d say he talks about saving dough at least 10 times a day, and that’s just once he gets home from work. He’s been sending me emails about Dallas electric companies that have lower rates than ours and clipping coupons for things he knows I’m going to (like get my hair cut) and leaving them on my dresser in the morning. On one hand it’s sweet but on the other hand I don’t want to get my hair cut at a cheap place just because my husband decides he wants to save ten dollars. I think the thing that bothers me the most is that he’s been talking about putting off having kids until we’ve got more money saved up. I like that he’s so responsible about it but you know, I don’t want to plan our whole lives around the money we have or don’t have. My mom has been riding me hard to have kids soon but you know, it’s really up to Chris and I when we’re ready. I would say I really like the idea of having kids soon but if he’s not ready I don’t want to force him. I wonder how much of this money thing is just because he’s scared to have kids right now? I get it, it’s really scary to think of being responsible for tiny human beings but that’s one of the reasons we got married in the first place – to have kids. I can’t wait to be a mom but I want my husband to be on the same page and if he’s not yet I guess I’m just going to have to wait for him to catch up. That’s only fair – I know he’d do the same for me if I was the one who wasn’t ready yet so I’m going to try not to make him feel bad about it.

1 comment :

Mary Gallardo said...

haha Look at it this way, at least he is putting some effort into money saving. AND clipping coupons! wow! haha All my husband knows how to do is spend money we don't have. =)