Tuesday, October 1, 2013

We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook Book

*Disclaimer- I participated in this event on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers for Zondervan. I received a copy of We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook to facilitate my review, this did not alter my opinions of their products, and NO other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are mine and one hundred percent honest and true, your opinion may differ.*

I love to cook, that is one of my favorite pastimes, specially if its a new recipe! I do have to admit, I'm not a great reader, I can read paragraphs at a time, but actually sitting down to read a book is hard for me! I don't know if its the fact I have children constantly hanging on me or if  its the fact I cant sit still for more than 10 minutes at a time!!

Recently, I had the opportunity to review an amazing book called We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook, written by a mother and daughter duo, Becky Johnson and Rachel Randolph! I don't know what it is, but as soon as I opened the book, I found myself sitting there reading!! I actually finished the whole book before I even knew it!! It was actually that addicting, (in a good way!)

Becky Johnson and her daughter Rachel Randolph come from a long line of laughter. The female side of their family tree is dotted with funny storytellers, prolific authors, hospitable home cooks, and champion chatters. In We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook, Becky—a butter and bacon loving mama—and Rachel—a vegan bean eating daughter—share stories of their crazy, wonderful, and sometimes challenging lives as Rachel becomes a mother herself. Becky is messy; Rachel craves order. Becky forgets what month it is; Rachel is an organizational genius. (At least before baby arrives.) Sprinkled throughout are the lip-smacking, nourishing recipes they love to make and share. From food for a family reunion of thirty, to lunch for a party of one in a high chair, to a hot meal for a sick friend, the authors demonstrate grace, acceptance, and love to others through the bonding gifts of humor, attentive listening, and cooking … whether diners prefer beef or lentils in their stew.

I really enjoyed how the book was set up, and how well it was written out! Each writer, Rachel and Becky took turns telling their story, within the same chapter and at the end of each chapter, were a few amazing recipes!! I really loved how the recipes were set up, it has the original easy to read instructions on how to prepare each delightful meal plus a vegan and gluten free way of making each meal! I actually loved that idea as you really don't see those together that often, plus its great to have when you have family or friends that are vegan or gluten free!!

Another part I really loved about the book was the heart felt stories, my favorite part was when Rachel needed her mom during her pregnancy even thou she had planned on having one on one time with her husband. You truly do need your mom in times like that!! (And sure wish I knew about that tea when I was wanting to go in labor!! LOL)

Overall, this is truly a wonderful book!! It has it all!! Great stories, Great recipes, and love!! I rate this book 5/5 and would totally recommend the We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook, book to anyone! These would also make excellent gifts for the upcoming Holiday!!!

We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook:
Author: Becky Johnson and Rachel Randolph
Publisher: Zondervan
Published: 8-6-2013
Pages: 224
Genre: Cooking

Be sure to stay tuned, as I will try to cook up some of these awesome recipes, and share them with you!!

To learn more visit WeLaughWeCryWeCook.com Aurthor's Blog, You can also connect with them on Facebook and Twitter!!








To learn more about the Books Publishing Company, visit Zondervan.com, you can also connect with them on Facebook and Twitter!!





BUY IT: You can purchase the We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook, Book for a retail Price of $11.08 and $9.99 Kindle Edition, on Amazon.com!

*Disclaimer- I participated in this event on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers for Zondervan. I received a copy of We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook to facilitate my review, this did not alter my opinions of their products, and NO other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are mine and one hundred percent honest and true, your opinion may differ.*

No comments :